Week 10 of The Pregnancy Diaries

Reading Time: 3 minutes

Week 10- the pregnancy diaries

Pregnant woman

This week I was looking forward to two days of annual leave I’d booked off due to sheer exhaustion. I found that the wedding left me feeling like a shell of a person the next day.  Basically just functioning enough to speak when I had to, breathe and try to keep my eyes open.

On the Wednesday my mum came up to spend the day with me which was nice. We spent some time at home, I did some cooking as have really struggled to do this as my energy levels have been pretty low by the time I get home from work.

Shopping for babies 

We went wandered into town, with her dragging me into Mothercare on the hunt for some soft towels. Until this point I hadn’t really allowed myself to look at cute things in real life (besides the little cardigan and cat babygrow my mum bought up a week ago). Girls stuff is so much cuter I can’t help but be drawn to it. We also went to see Mama Mia 2, which at first was pretty dire. But towards the end the main character had a baby and the song which was playing over it had me in tears (again!). But at least the cinema was dark and no one noticed!

Just on the off-chance afterwards we wandered into TKMaxx; I used to love spending time wandering around here at lunchtimes but their stock can be very hit or miss! Today, we (well Mum) was in luck. There were LOTS of cute things, and all reasonably priced. She stocked up on some unisex (cat!) themed bits, a pack of swaddles or whatever they’re called and I found a cute teddy-bear themed box of yellow and grey bits with ‘Hug life’ on them. This was the first thing I’ve really seen which would be cute for a boy. I didn’t buy any bits, and Mum took them all home with her so as not to temp fate, if there is such a thing. That and we need to clear the spare room before collecting more stuff!

Pregnancy hospital appointments 

The day flew by, another benefit of being off work. The next day also passed quickly. This time I had to go and have another blood test done. Because my eating was a bit messed up I wasn’t that hungry at lunchtime, and didn’t think I’d be at the hospital long. This was a rookie mistake. Another mistake was not taking ALL my paperwork with me. Lesson learned; always pack snacks, a large bottle of water and paperwork for any hospital visit. I was sat there for ages as they had to re-find my form. By this time, with the uber hot weather I really wasn’t feeling too great.

The blood test hurt and I returned home with a green bruise developing, feeling exhausted and with a headache. I had planned on going to the gym for a yoga class or swim, but I was just way too tired. Instead I flopped into the giant cushion with a cold flannel on my head. 

Deciding how and when to share the news 

When I returned from the hospital and was curled up snugly in my giant pillow, I was texting a friend and she noticed I seemed a lot happier…and gently hinted whether we had had good news. I wasn’t planning on telling them until next week when I was 12 weeks, but also couldn’t keep it to myself any longer. The news was shared, and it was a huge relief. I also shared with another close friend which was nice.

It also was the day myself and Chris had our first spat too, over who was going to cook dinner, which was not so nice.

…and thanks for stopping by. I thought I would introduce us; myself (Jo) and my boyfriend Chris. We’ll both be uploading our innermost thoughts and musings over the next phase of our lives which we hope is a very happy one. Welcome to our world x

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *